R/C Soaring Sites
R/C For Sale
Soar Utah '98
Utah Soaring Assoc.
Utah State Records
Links, Search, Misc
Links and more
This page has information concerning every place I know of in the State of Utah where
you can get an aerotow and fly a full scale glider. There are links to more
information where it is available. Turnpoint information is also available.
Utah Turnpoint Information
This spreadsheet is in Microsoft Works format. It contains many turnpoints for
the Utah area. It was created with the Heber City airport in mind so the points are
surrounding that area. They go all the way beyond the northern end of the state, to
the southern end so they can be used from all over. Select turn points, enter them
into the formulas at the top and the spreadsheet will calculate distances for each leg and
totals for you.
Click here to download the Utah
Turnpoints Spreadsheet in Microsoft Works format. Some browers may attempt
to view rather than download this document, if this happens to you, shift-click on the
link. You can also use this document by reading it into Microsoft Excel and
many other "Works" compatible spreadsheets. These turn points are also
available on the World Wide Soaring
Turn Point Exchange in several other formats. Thanks to John Leibacher for his
Airports with Tow operations in Utah
- Morgan Air; Morgan Utah
The Morgan Airport in Morgan Utah is East of Ogden a few miles up Weber Canyon off Hwy
84. For information, call Wayne Wilkinson at (801) 876-3156
Directions: From the SLC area, head North on I-15. Just past Lagoon (an
ammusement park in Farmington) is the Hwy 89 exit that says "North to South
Ogden." Take that exit and go about 11 miles to I-84, get on I-84 heading east and go
up the Weber Canyon. Take the next exit (3 or 4 miles, just past a rest-stop). The exit
turns left passing under the freeway, then turn right and parallel the freeway on the
north side. Follow this road and you will pass Old Farm Market (about 1 mile). Go
about another mile to where the road Y's to the left just prior to going up a small hill.
Turn left at the Y (Cottonwood Cyn) and follow it to the airport which will be about 1/2
mile. Just inside the gate on the left is the airport office.
Looking down runway 2-1.
Turning base to 2-1.
On final to
- Soar Utah, Inc.; Heber Valley Utah
- Located at the Heber Valley Airport in Heber City Utah.
- Soar Utah, Inc's website with contact and rate
- Heber Valley
- Whisper Flight; Hurricane Utah
- Located at the Hurricane Airport in Hurricane Utah (~20 miles NE of St. George), on the
way to Zion's National Park.
- For more information, call "Kel" Jensen at (435) 635-7059
- Parowan Utah
- At the Parowan Airport in Parowan Utah. This is where the Ag-Cat in some of the Soaring Photos normally tows.
- There is a group from California that puts together a soaring camp at this airport.
Pictures taken at this event can be found on Soaring
Photos, Parowan Utah.
Places that run occasional towing operations:
- Cedar Valley Utah
- At the Cedar Valley Airport, South West of Salt Lake City Utah. This private
airport is primarily for sky diving. I understand that they give tows too, look in
the phone book under Sky Diving.
- Nephi Utah
- At the Nephi Airport in Nephi Utah, about 70 minutes South of Salt Lake City Utah.
A private group of individuals will occasionally tow here.
If there are others that I don't know of, please let me know and I will add them to
this list. Thanks...
This page was updated Monday, June 14, 2004.